In this MarTech Interview, we speak to Neil Crist, the VP or Product and Engineering for Moz. Moz is a leading platform and community of local, organic search optimization tools and professionals. Neil reveals findings from their State of Local SEO report.
The combination focuses around local search and what's critical to a business' success in driving revenue through local search efforts. We discuss:
- How voice search is impacting local SEO
- How featured snippet implementations are impacting visibility
- How videos are impacting local SEO results
- How "near me" has become ubiquitous with mobile searches
- How Google My Business has become the new home page for local search
- The impact of Google's vertical search engines (flights, jobs, shopping)
- Understanding "Linktations" and the complexity of linkbuilding for local visibility
This is a comprehensive discussion of local search optimization. I'd encourage you to have a pen and paper handy so that you can take notes and ensure that you make every effort to optimize for local search.Support MarTech Interviews
- Can your customers find you online? — Check your listings on Google, Bing, and other local search engines.
- The State of Local SEO — When read in tandem with the Local Search Ranking Factors survey, this report will help your business or agency understand both what experts are saying and what practitioners are experiencing.
- Local Search Ranking Factors — The biggest shift this year is happening in Google My Business signals, but we’re also seeing an increase in the importance of reviews and continued decreases in the importance of citations.